help from all you chefs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Pasta. How do i make it more intersting whiel keeping it able to take to school with me. Its my dinner, but I want to have something else in it? anything ......

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cheese, tuner, sweet corn, peppers, tomotoe sauce. You can add most things to pasta.
Try different cheeses.

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
Thanks guys, salad would be nice but we rarely have lettuce or anything in the house ;)

longers

Legendary Member
Tuna, chopped black olives, chilli, olive oil, cheese, fresh basil, re-hydrated sundried tomatoes chopped into pieces, cheese, chorizo, shallots chopped finely, cheese, lea and perrins, cheese, pepperoni, balsamic vinegar, a dash of lemon juice and plenty of black pepper.

I'm very hungry now.;)

Pesto - lots to choose from, not just the traditional basil and pinenut one. Feta cheese. Accessorise with capers, gherkins, herbs etc.

You could reduce the pasta content and throw in a load of tinned beans (haricot, borlotti, flageolet would be best). Combine with tuna, olive oil, lemon juice and some tomatoes and you have a feast.

I used to make up a great big load of it in a mixing bowl and keep it in the fridge. The plan was to have it for lunch over a few days, portioned out into takeaway containers. Sadly Mr Fork had a habit of running amok and it rarely lasted for more than a day.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Gently fry 1/2 onion and 2 sliced garlic cloves, in olive oil.When soft, add carton or small jar of passata (or chopped tinned toms + a large squirt of tom puree), mix in a tin of tuna and some drained capers (the more the merrier). Cook your pasta (goes best with spaghetti). Mix the lot in a tupperware jobby and off you go! Add chopped black olives acc to taste.... I always bung a few dried chilli flakes on top too, but this tends to make Italians think I'm a nazi. (May involve some prior shoping)

barq

Tuna, pesto, sweetcorn and a few bits of chopped tomato (sundried tomato if you feel posh) stirred into shaped pasta (e.g. fusilli). A vegetarian alternative is to swap the tuna for chickpeas. It keeps for approx two days in the fridge if you want to make double quantities.

barq

Melvil said:
Mackerel, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, Harrissa paste, 'tubular' pasta.....ohhhhhhhh yeah

Wonderful as it is, I'm sure that should come with a health warning! :biggrin:

I made some recently and the first ingredient in the book was 250g of dried chillies with seeds. :biggrin: It only made about half a cup of paste.

Big Bren

Another vote for Pesto - when I'm in a hurry, I have tagliatelli with green pesto stirred in and shave some parmesan on top. Deee-licious!

Bren

Melvil

barq said:
Wonderful as it is, I'm sure that should come with a health warning! :biggrin:

I made some recently and the first ingredient in the book was 250g of dried chillies with seeds. :biggrin: It only made about half a cup of paste.

I see your point. I dig the old harissa paste heat but sometimes forget myself when I'm having people around for dinner...:biggrin::biggrin:

Cook and drain your pasta. Put it back in the pan and add two or three beaten eggs, some chunks of cheddar, some cooked chopped bacon, ham or chorizo sausage and some dried chilli flakes. Cook it until the egg is lightly scrambled. Quick, cheap, easy and absolutely delicious.
I'm not sure whether it would work cold though.:biggrin:

Top Bottom