Help I have a real sock dilema!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
My lonely socks wait on a hanger on the radiator. Sometimes they have to wait months but their opposite number eventually turns up.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

the problem with those clip things and anything else similar is that it relies on (in this case) two teenage lads remembering to clip them together before they chuck them in the wask basket...doomed from the start.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You might have unmatched pairs in drawers somewhere? I would look again at the pairs that have supposedly been "matched" up. This might reduce the odd socks a bit. Then look in silly places, like behind the fridge, did someone take their wet socks off and put them on top of the fridge? ditto freezer, and tumble drier.

I have a misbehaving teenager in this house. He comes and goes at any hour of the day or night, demands food, without a please or thank you. Sleeps wherever he wants, never tidies up or helps out. Fortunately he is only 15 inches tall, has a white fluffy coat, and a very long white fluffy tail. ;)

Abitrary

I only ever buy black socks so I can mix and match as I please.

Why would anybody want to buy beige, blue, green or those tartan type ones?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think the answer might be this:

1) Throw out every sock in the house

2) Each family memebr decide on own (seperate) design of sock

3) Buy supply of say 7 pairs of said chosen sock each

That way we all know which socks belong to who

..I bet they still seperate, change colour and design and morph into each other or something...

...mostly I go barefoot...this could just be a problem I delegate their way.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I have socks with days of the week ok. ;)
I dont bother to wear them on the rights days though. My older pairs are all odd, i could have tuesday on one foot, and friday on the other.

Kirst

You could get one of those net zipped laundry bags for washing delicate lingerie etc, and just put all the socks in that before you wash them.

Keith Oates

Janner
You could hand wash them in the bathroom each night and let them dry on the towel rail overnight. That way you only need to have one pair and they'll never get mixed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom