Help identifying a frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garyfarrar

I'm trying to identify this frameset. At some point in it's life it has been resprayed and lost it's head badge. Other than it being British built and probably mid to late 60's I've had no luck identifying it's origin. Any ideas much appreciated. IMG_20150214_155944.jpg IMG_20150214_160112.jpg IMG_20150214_155839.jpg

Any better photos, close-ups of ID details such as lugs

mikeymustard

Veteran
Nice nervex pro lugs and BB, looks a v.nice frame Looks a bit Claud Butlersque with that bowed brake bridge. It also looks like the headbadge was quite big!

OP
OP
G

garyfarrar

@garyfarrar good luck in trying to id the frame , quite a few , Bob Jackson and others allegedly .

what ever it is looks nice and what are your plans

@garyfarrar good luck in trying to id the frame , quite a few of the smaller names use a four digit system ie Ellis Briggs , Bob Jackson and others allegedly .

what ever it is looks nice and what are your plans

I can post some more detailed pictures tomorrow hopefully. I built it up with campag nuovo gran sport and rode the Eroica last year and I'm hoping to get a respray done if I can find out the make.

midlife

Guru
Someone suggested Holdsworth but not sure the frame number or headbadge are correct for it. Would be nice though!

Another look and then I thought Gillott, and then Claude Butler ......its the rear stays :smile:

Shaun

mikeymustard

Veteran
Nice frame, those long, tapered in seat stays look a bit Holdsworth.

Shaun

Another look and then I thought Gillott, and then Claude Butler ......its the rear stays :smile:

Shaun
They look the same as the Claud Butler I bought last week - as do the brake cable guides on the top tube (which i don't currently have a pic of). Unfortunately, apart from being a Claud, I have no idea what mine is either
IMAG0180_zpsor5iywcu.jpg

OP
OP
G

garyfarrar

They look the same as the Claud Butler I bought last week - as do the brake cable guides on the top tube (which i don't currently have a pic of). Unfortunately, apart from being a Claud, I have no idea what mine is either
IMAG0180_zpsor5iywcu.jpg
The seat cluster does look very similar. Did Claud Butler frames have four figure frame numbers though?

Top Bottom