Help identifying campagnolo parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth01244

Über Member
I wondered if any one on here could help me identify the following campagnolo parts?
Can't seem to find a definitive answer.
DSCF7394.JPG
DSCF7388.JPG
DSCF7385.JPG

mikeymustard

Veteran

midlife

Guru
Top pic is a SR brake lever, next pic is a second gen SR rear mech bolted to a Portacatena dropout, the front brake is either an SR or a NR with the lever domed over, and the rubber over the wheel guides.

The only difference was that the SR had alloy brake shoe holders and the NR had steel brake shoe holders. Whatever..........they are the wrong way round !! don't ride it!

Shaun

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Top pic is a SR brake lever, next pic is a second gen SR rear mech bolted to a Portacatena dropout, the front brake is either an SR or a NR with the lever domed over, and the rubber over the wheel guides.

The only difference was that the SR had alloy brake shoe holders and the NR had steel brake shoe holders. Whatever..........they are the wrong way round !! don't ride it!

Shaun
Ooh hadn't spotted that on the brake shoes and you are completely correct, one good grab at the brake and those pads are offski out the front. :eek:

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Über Member
Dont worry about the brake blocks, pics are a year or so old from when i originally stripped the bike and they have been sorted.
Thanks for all the good advice on what bits are what, vety helpful and very much appreciated.

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Über Member
One final request, anyone know how to adjust the calipers so that they move equally? When the cable to the rear brake is slackened both arms move equally but when i adjust them so that the blocks are a couple of mm from the rim then only one arm releases when the brakes are applied. I've tried centering them but that didnt work, any tips would be great.

midlife

Guru
Quite a few ways but probably easiest (assuming the calliper and spring top is level and nothing is binding) is to increase the tension on the arm that doesn't move as far. Small pair of needle nose pliers to unhook the spring and then pull it out a bit for more tension. Then hook it back again and try the brake.

The other reason is if there is too much outer cable and its stopping the calliper moving out.

Shaun

Top Bottom