HELP l have been given two bikes l zero about

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been given a Canondale off road bike and a "Rockrider" with the request that l do what l like with them .
Since l only ride road bikes that request is a bit of a problem. Are they junk or should l offer them for sale to the appropriate bike riders?
A few photos :

610391 610393 610390
610394 610395 610396 He isn't in the best of health !!
610397 Last but not least .
The Canondale has Mavic x 139 rims with Shimano HB-RM10 hubs
Richey bars with a Crane Creek headset
Shimano crank, Deore XT front and rear derailleurs
Canondale Tektro brakes.
They haven't been used for a considerable time and would require plenty of TLC to make them ridable but it seems a shame to take them to the dump.
Any and all advice gratefully received . More photos available if required.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
That cannondale is a heap I'll take it to the tip for ya.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Cannondale doesn’t look too shabby at all, apart from being shabby if you get what I mean. Deore gears. Clean it up and put new cables on and a front tyre, should provide you with comfy bike. It’s been set up with road use in mind.
The Rockrider looks like old model low spec full sus from Decathlon, probably weighs a ton but some lad might be glad of it for some off road fun

si_c

Guru
The cannondale needs a new chain and cables. Probably new brake pads. Once cleaned and properly lubricated and appropriate tyres sourced, it'll be a decent bike. The rockrider looks suspiciously like a BSO that if ridden over rocks would murder the rider.

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
The Cannondale doesn’t look too shabby at all, apart from being shabby if you get what I mean. Deore gears. Clean it up and put new cables on and a front tyre, should provide you with comfy bike. It’s been set up with road use in mind.
The Rockrider looks like old model low spec full sus from Decathlon, probably weighs a ton but some lad might be glad of it for some off road fun
You are right about the Rockrider , l can hardly lift it. ^_^

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
That's a shame the Cannondale has been left to rot outside. Guess the rider stayed with the bike until the grim end.
Yep, thats dedication for you l guess ^_^

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
The cannondale needs a new chain and cables. Probably new brake pads. Once cleaned and properly lubricated and appropriate tyres sourced, it'll be a decent bike. The rockrider looks suspiciously like a BSO that if ridden over rocks would murder the rider.
Very fair appraisal. If the Rockrider fed on top of you , you'd never get up again !

Top Bottom