Help me choose between two phones....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Mobiles can be funny things to different people.
We've always had Nokia...you know where you are with them, but the camera is lacking on most of them. Its not that it's bad, its just not as good as the SE.
My son has the C902 and loves it, but he's always had S Erriksons and hates Nokia. Pictures on the C902 are absolutely phenomenal compared with my 6300 and even the wifes 6700 which has a 5mp camera, and is a lovely looking phone.
But SWMBO has tried SE's...and hated them, Jut couldnt get used to the different menus.

I didnt think i'd ever use anything other than Nokia, but a new Blackberry has renewed my interest. (a mobile to me is purely a texting and ringing tool...nothing more)

If you want a functional mobile you know how to work, i'd get the Nokia.
If you really want a good camera, go for the SE, but be prepared to get used to a new menu format, as well as the quirky texting thats mentioned

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Thanks all for the experiences related. After reading all this and stuff of t'interweb I've plumped for the Nokia 6303 (which had actually dropped in price a little overnight on Amazon - result!).

Cheers all!

redjedi

Über Member
I'm a SE fan myself, and would have gone for the C902. I recently got the C501, and think it's great.

The one thing that would stop me buying the Nokia is a lack of lens cover. That was one thing that limited my choices. My last phone had a camera which I hardly used as the lens was always dirty.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
redjedi said:
I'm a SE fan myself, and would have gone for the C902. I recently got the C501, and think it's great.

The one thing that would stop me buying the Nokia is a lack of lens cover. That was one thing that limited my choices. My last phone had a camera which I hardly used as the lens was always dirty.

Noticed this - I've bought a nifty little pouch for it to live in. Got a 4gb memory card at the same time too, so should have room for plenty of snaps.

gbb

Legendary Member
2Loose said:
Weird that brand loyalty revolves around the interface...maybe not.
My first phone was a SE, second was a Nokia...had SE ever since. ;)

That's what i meant but not so much brand loyalty, just an understanding of how one works and being used to that format. Give yourself something different and you immediately wish it was like the old one because you were comfortable with it.

Thats why my son loves SEs...it's what he started with.

Top Bottom