Help me plan a 'Beano'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Come to Cambs.
An hour or so in the car.
Wimpole-house, garden, rare breeds farm
Cambridge- Japanese tourists and hoity toity students, nice buildings will compensate, a sh1tload of museums....
And Duxford's Imperial War Museum not far away.

TVC

I do want to take him there at some point he'd enjoy it, but probably just a day trip as its less than an hour away
You've not been yet? :eek:. There is another very good museum next door, then there's the Richard III stuff in town. You'll be telling us next that you've never been to the Great Central Railway.

The National Space Museum is a fantastic day out, I can only recommend you get your family there asap. :okay:

OP
OP
simon the viking
Might go to space centre at Easter. And you get a years pass so could use it a few times....

Before he started school I took him Crich tramway museum loads of times on one entry fee as it was a yearly pass if you gift aided it

Reactions: TVC

TVC

Might go to space centre at Easter. And you get a years pass so could use it a few times....

Before he started school I took him Crich tramway museum loads of times on one entry fee as it was a yearly pass if you gift aided it
I haven't been to Crich for years, that sounds like a day out for us, with a trip to Matlock Bath for fish & chips.

With regard to the Space Centre, try to get there for opening time, it gets very busy in the afternoons, especially in School holidays

OP
OP
simon the viking
I haven't been to Crich for years, that sounds like a day out for us, with a trip to Matlock Bath for fish & chips.

With regard to the Space Centre, try to get there for opening time, it gets very busy in the afternoons, especially in School holidays
Think its about 12 quid each so good value but if you live within an hour and can get a few times on the pass they give you it becomes amazing value

Reactions: TVC

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
There's a few interesting museums Coventry way: the Coventry Transport Museum is free, as is the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum. They're both interesting. So is the Cathedral, but for entirely different reasons.

OP
OP
simon the viking
There's a few interesting museums Coventry way: the Coventry Transport Museum is free, as is the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum. They're both interesting. So is the Cathedral, but for entirely different reasons.

We've done Coventry Motor museum a few times.... We love it especially Thrust 2 and SSC

OP
OP
simon the viking
Thanks for all the replies.... I've had a chat with Little-V and we've decided that Bletchley park seems an interesting place. So thank you @Julia9054 for the idea....

I've emailed a nearby campsite

http://www.the-old-dairy-farm.co.uk/home

Might go to Gulliver land thingy as well but he's at a funny age for theme parks he's between little kiddy rides and big adult rides......

Mrs V is secretly looking forward to few days peace and quiet

Top Bottom