help needed finding a suspension corrected rigid fork (non tapered)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ultraviolet

it can't rain all the time....
i'm looking for a rigid fork for my MTB , but not having much luck; all the ones i've seen / got are 'suspension corrected' for what seems like a 80mm fork and i would like something a little longer so i was wondering about a 29er rigid fork which is corrected thus giving me more height.
i could just get one and leave enough space another inch + of headset spacers but in my head that seems a bit pointless.
why i'm asking on here is that most online shops seem to have a very limited range and i would like some brand names to look at and see what they offer

thanks in advance for any info :-)

Levo-Lon

Guru
eBay Carbon disc fork in cycles

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I went down this route, then in the end because I wanted budget, went for a non-corrected fork for about £15 and used a stack of spacers. It all seems to work well enough.

OP
OP
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

[QUOTE 5167705, member: 45"]On-One do their own.

Kona P2s used to be the go-to.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that, the On-One website tells me exactly what size i should be looking for [490mm] so i can go from there.
the P2's are nice but are only for old bikes with a longer headtube, well, my pair are

OP
OP
ultraviolet

ultraviolet

I went down this route, then in the end because I wanted budget, went for a non-corrected fork for about £15 and used a stack of spacers. It all seems to work well enough.

the problem is with a budget fork i couldn't trust it on fast descents. but your idea is sound

Milkfloat

An Peanut
the problem is with a budget fork i couldn't trust it on fast descents. but your idea is sound

I converted my bike to a commuter - so no 3ft drop offs to worry about, some pretty gnarly potholes though. In your situation, if you are going to hammer the forks, I would be getting decent forks like you suggest.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Retrobike is worth checking out, I picked up a rigid fork to replace the clapped out RST fork on my MTB a couple of years ago. Kona P2s are supposed to be great. I ended up with a spinner fork (branded as Marin rockstar) and that's pretty nice too.

When I made the switch I agonised over axle-to-crown lengths, offsets etc. The fork I ended up getting was a fair bit shorter than the sus fork it replaced (by around 40mm if I remember correctly), and it hasn't negatively effected the handling one jot. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting an exact match.

Top Bottom