Help needed for unique cycling charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Charlotte's Tandems lends tandems and tag-along bikes for free to anyone with a disability or additional need so that they can cycle wherever, whenever and with whomever they like.

We are looking for lots more Helpers, especially from the North-East of England down into the Midlands and down to Kent. We have loads of tandems in these places and need people to help us lend them out. It is great fun lending to our Borrowers and you see the joy on their faces when they are riding for the first time or for the first time in a very long time.

The role involves:

Contacting the potential Borrowers that are put in touch with you,
Arranging them to collect the tandem from you,
Test riding/teaching them to ride the tandem, making minors adjustments, so that they fit,
Helping them load it into their car,
Chasing them up, a fortnight later, for photos and comments, if not sent already,
Arranging for them to return the tandem, when you have the next people ready to collect,
Receiving the tandem,
Checking over the tandem and doing any minor repairs, if possible,
Repeat.

If you manage it properly then storage should be kept to a minimum. I aim for tandems to be here with me overnight only.

Have a look at our website, CharlottesTandems.co.uk, and Facebook site and see how much fun people have on our bikes.

I hope you can help. Please get in touch with me if you can or if you know someone who might.

Top Bottom