Help needed ... I think I'm going to buy an Audi or a BMW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I suppose buy the car you like the look of. IMO Audi's looks nicer but BMWs are sportier to drive. Audi's also have a wicked good cabin build quality.

byegad

Legendary Member
If you signal when out on your bike you'll detest both cars, and likely go mad. Both makes very obviously don't come with indicators.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is the perfect car for a middle aged crisis now the kids are gone;

penis-shaped-car-1.jpg

Buck

Guru
9D7568E3-E64E-4D97-8F37-69AE3064FAF4.jpeg
CEE3760E-8175-4563-A19D-9EC83A2975D1.jpeg
I had an A4 Avant a few years ago - bought it new and basically ran it into the ground - loved it!

I then got a Golf which was a great car but only FWD and missed the all wheel drive. I’ve now got an Audi A5 and yes, in Quattro guise. Lovely car to drive and the new Quattro puts more to the rear wheels than before so is a livelier drive than old but still sure footed unless you drive like a @#£&

I love the interior and styling as well plus I had a removable towbar fitted so I can put the bike rack on.

The only sure way for you is to test drive a couple - you’ll know which you like, then it’s a numbers game.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
If I was buying a VAG car, I think it would be the cheapest one, if it had the requirements I wanted. A badge means absolutely zilch to me. I've only ever driven Japanese cars. Change of job has made me have German company cars, I'm really underwhelmed by them, but that's just me. I think I was expecting more, but honestly its a bit of a let down... I've just had a Mercedes E Class E220D estate AMG Line 2017 and a Golf GTD 2018. The Golf is a way, way better car, but even that's over-priced, if you'd be happy with a Skoda or Seat. Depends if you buy into all this German Prestige stuff. They are ok, but I'm really missing something. Most cars are pretty good now, they are not worth the price that they command, just in my very humble onion..

Mercs seem really dull to me, maybe if I could afford a proper AMG one...

vickster

Legendary Member
Another vote for a Skoda estate. Been very happy with my green meanie Fabia VRS for 6 years, practical, comfortable, reasonably economical, oomph when needed, stands out from all the grey/black/sliver German boringness ;)

Top Bottom