Help needed in Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Are any of our illustrious forumites in the vicinity of Hathersage road in Manchester (or know someone who is)? My daughter is in need of some mechanical assistance (a couple of minutes with a spanner to straighten her back wheel, I think) and I am a couple of hundred miles away.

Hi,

I am actually in the vicinity, but don't have any mechanical know-how or a spanner! There is a bike shop ~ 5 mins walk away though. Bicycle Garage on Denmark Road. They'll be able to help her out!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Tell her to walk the bike 1 km south to Dickenson Road and find the Bicycle Doctor shop near the junction with Oxford Road. While she's waiting for them to fix it she can stroll back up Oxford Road and enjoy a shawarma at Jaffa on the junction of Park Crescent.

If she still hasn't fixed it by tomorrow I'll get GtiJunior to have a look at it but today he's out of town.

C R

Guru
Tell her to walk the bike 1 km south to Dickenson Road and find the Bicycle Doctor shop near the junction with Oxford Road. While she's waiting for them to fix it she can stroll back up Oxford Road and enjoy a shawarma at Jaffa on the junction of Park Crescent.

If she still hasn't fixed it by tomorrow I'll get GtiJunior to have a look at it but today he's out of town.

Is the Bicycle Doctor still going? Used to buy bits and bobs there many years ago.

OP
OP
Gasman

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!

Thanks for the offer. She's working till quite late at the moment so I'll get back to you if your junior is needed.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm afraid not, I'm working in Chester all day.

I presume the town, and not some chap named Chester?

SamR

Rider on the Lancastrian storm
Hullo. GTIJ here. Don't have any tools but I can certainly try and diagnose. I'll likely be in Rusholme after 6:30, and happy to give her a call.

Top Bottom