Help needed, Ridgeback MX2 or Giant Sedona Ladies bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobster

Hi all

Great forum. I wonder if I can ask for some help. Have been to two LBS today. Narrowed my search down to one of the two following:
Ridgeback MX2 @ £240 or Giant Sedona @ £200. I'm only 5 foot so need relatively small frame size. The type of cycling I will be doing is generally cycle paths with kids, minimal roadwork and no serious off road. The Ridgeback seems to have a better spec and but wondered if it might not be as comfortable for what I'll be doing. Giant seems good allrounder, more upright for cycling. Just not sure which is best. Anyone got either of these and can offer advice? Or suggest an alternative?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have a test ride on them both and see if that helps ;)

OP
OP
C

cobster

Thanks for that. I did have a little test ride and liked both of those. I was more concerned about the overall quality of each bike as the Ridgeback seems to have a better spec (adjustable suspension and megarange) but does that mean a lower quality overall?

Does anyone have either of these bikes or any thoughts on either of these?

Many thanks in advance.;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
cobster said:
Ridgeback MX2 @ £240 or Giant Sedona @ £200. ..... The type of cycling I will be doing is generally cycle paths with kids, minimal roadwork and no serious off road.
Both of those look to be 'light off-roaders', whereas something like the Ridgeback Speed is more on-road oriented. I have read good reports of the male version on here.

Also, it might start off as "generally cycle paths with kids, minimal roadwork and no serious off road" .... then they get older, you get the bug - and before you know it, it's touring Europe, road racing, LEJOG - and another 2/3 bikes in the garage !;)

Happy hunting and let us know how you get on.

Top Bottom