Help Needed With University Design Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plentymw

Hello,
My university team have been asked to investigate earphones and have decided to concentrate on the use of them during sports activities. your help/feedback would be very much appreciated by answering all or some of the following questions:
1. Your age
2. Your gender
3. Do you use earphones while cycling? If not, then reasons would be helpful: safety etc.
4. What type of earphones do you use? in-ear, over ear or on ear etc
5. What is the make and model of the earphones?
6. Do you have any feedback for the particular type or make and model of earphone, any suggestions for improvement, complaints or positives?

Thank you very much in advance for anyone who takes the time to give some feedback.

M
Yes
On-ear
Sony on-ear - individual with the shaped band thing that goes around your ear.
Excellent as can hear my music as well what's happening around me.
Suggestion - make the band thing adjustable for a slugger fit on the ear.

Tony

jay clock

Massive member
If you search on this website for headphones you will find a massive amount of comment and disagreement about the safety or otherwise. Probably only beaten in quantity by "helmet" at number 1 and "Shimano vs Campag" at number 2

e-rider

crappy member
We all know that we lose a lot of heat from our head, but did you know that a lot of heat is lost from our ears - ask an elephant! I find that exercising with headphones or earplugs makes my head overheat! Perhaps you could invent some 'breathable' headphones?

Bigsharn

Veteran
1. 21
2. Male
3. On occasion, I use them when I don't need to be able to hear my surroundings (like on a towpath)
4. In ear, I think... (5.) They're JVC Gumys
6. None at all, the sound quality is unmatched for the price.

1. 50
2. Male
3. No. Prefer to listen to the countryside on long rides and listen out for traffic on the commute.
4. None on bike, but have in-ear ones for mobile use and a quality set of cans for HiFi at home
5. Mobile are Apple iPod ones, not sure of the cans
6. I find in-ear ones very insecure. They keep falling out and difficult to keep consistent levels. Easier in the cold months as I can use a wool hat to keep them in place.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
6. I find in-ear ones very insecure. They keep falling out and difficult to keep consistent levels. Easier in the cold months as I can use a wool hat to keep them in place.

The Apple ones are poor. Designed to make you buy the next model up I think.

Get the Bose in-ear they don't fall out and the sounds quality is much improved.

akb

Veteran
1. 25
2. Male.
3. Nope; for safety reasons.
4. N/A
5. N/A
6. N/A

1. 58
2. Male
3. Never - in town, for safety reasons; I want/need to hear what's happening around. In the country - why drown out the sounds of the hedgerow with some ipod pap (especially if chosen by myself :tongue:)
4. None
5. N/a
6. N/a

Norm

Male
No, because I feel that they restrict hearing
N/A
N/A
N/A

And a quick note that we have several threads running in the Helmets & Headphones forum if you want to discuss the merits of cycling whilst using them. Please keep this thread to just answering the OP's questions, anything not relevant may get removed. :thumbsup:

Ethan

Hello,
My university team have been asked to investigate earphones and have decided to concentrate on the use of them during sports activities. your help/feedback would be very much appreciated by answering all or some of the following questions:
1. Your age
2. Your gender
3. Do you use earphones while cycling? If not, then reasons would be helpful: safety etc.
6. Do you have any feedback for the particular type or make and model of earphone, any suggestions for improvement, complaints or positives?

Thank you very much in advance for anyone who takes the time to give some feedback.

male
Yes, but vary, vary rarely. I don't use them while commuting, as I need as much hearing as possible! Rarely use them while doing other riding as I enjoy listening to my bike/birds/whatever might go past.
In ear canal for everything.
JVC HA-FXC51
They look crap and have a wire which I find my self chewing on occasion :angry:

Speedywheelsjeans

Hello,
1. Your age
2. Your gender
M
Yes
Over ear + in ear combo
I luv (dont know model)
As long as it plays music to a good degree of sound and dont fall out they are fine

Answers in quote

Top Bottom