Help on bike details!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Would I be better taking it to a cycling shop to check it?
Most bike shops are mainly retail establishments, a few might have an idea but most won't unless you can find a Pinarello expert.

edit - http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...98845/&usg=AFQjCNFrCnpeyAnbTZ_dqEZrKyQGmyIlcw

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Saddle claims 95, so it old be a replica from the 95 race and be a 96 bike.
Can only find one year, 1993, in which it was made.
Certainly easier on the eye than this one though. Same groupset though.
Image2.jpeg
Frame Size: 55 cm
Frame: Pinarello Event Tubes (Steel)
Headset: Shimano Dura Ace
Fork: Aluminium Kinesis Aero Fork
Groupset: Campagnolo 8 speed Avanti/Mirage groupset.
Wheels: Mavic deep section "Aero" Cosmics
Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus Aero Post
Stem: Cinelli (1R?)
Handlebars: Cinelli Giro
Saddle: Italia Flite leather genuine gel saddle with titanium rails
Condition: There are some scuffs and scratches to the frame, but no dings/dents

Someone might just say I'm following them now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Would I be better taking it to a cycling shop to check it?
Others may disagree with this part but, why not list it on ebay(with a reserve that's high enough) to see what people would be willing to pay?
If you were to stick it in an auction proper(with a reserve), you'd lose 25 - 30% of the final hammer price. If it failed to sell then you'd still be looking at around 20% of the hammer price.
In that situation it all comes down to who's there on the day, and if more than one person wants it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Others may disagree with this part but, why not list it on ebay(with a reserve that's high enough) to see what people would be willing to pay?
If you were to stick it in an auction proper(with a reserve), you'd lose 25 - 30% of the final hammer price. If it failed to sell then you'd still be looking at around 20% of the hammer price.
In that situation it all comes down to who's there on the day, and if more than one person wants it.

as for value its only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it and be aware its a buyers market at the mo

what or how much are you hoping for @pinaerllocyclist , you must have a figure in your mind

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not sure I like what he has done with it.

11113262_475003502663716_8495363908701954642_o.jpg
I think it looks OK other than the cabling being a bit 'pants' and that awful saddle.

Ajax Bay

Guru
And the brake blocks the wrong way round, I think. That rear brake cable run past the seat tube grates. Would not have been difficult or expensive to find an appropriate seat post.

classic33

Leg End Member
You don't have any ideas which parts are replaced from the pictures, do you?
Rear Derailleur isn't origional that's clear from the picture you posted. I'd say the drivetrain has all been replaced.
Origional one would be worth more as an indivual set than on the bike, which might be why it's been replaced. Or it may just be wear & tear.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Think it might be useful if you listed the parts fitted to your bike, in the style of @classic33 's Post #9. We can squint at your images but you can see the detail. Suspect the main value is in the frame so maybe you'd be best splitting.

classic33

Leg End Member
Think it might be useful if you listed the parts fitted to your bike, in the style of @classic33 's Post #9. We can squint at your images but you can see the detail. Suspect the main value is in the frame so maybe you'd be best splitting.
#19 has a similar bike, same frame & groupset as @pinaerllocyclist's, but his looks more like the origional bike.

@mikeymustard, we've a "bike butcher" in here!

Top Bottom