Help on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
Most bikes under £500 come with crappy plastic pedals. It's one of the ways the manufacturers claw back money so that they can afford to fit shiny kit that you *do* notice when choosing. The best thing to do with them is ride the bike till they wear out (about 50 miles, a couple of hours' use, or the first wet day, whichever comes forst:angry:) and then get something decent that you like. Those Shimano 520s are very nice, but only if you want SPDs.;) Some people prefer flat pedals on commuters, I do on hack bikes as it means you can pop down the shops without changing footwear.

OP
OP
M

MikeB18

KevinG

Yes, as long as its the right size.

Better components than the others you have been looking at, with mostly Shimano Sora bits.

Also a triple which may be of benefit to a new rider.

The wheels are pretty good quality too.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
MikeB18 said:
Isn't that a little heavy for an Ali frame "12kg". My road bike is a steel frame from the early 80's 27" x 1 1/4" wheels and still only weighs 13kg.

I know it's old but I have been riding it for so long it fits me and what I want to do:biggrin:.
I agree with a lot of the suggestions to look at ebay or your local paper. You can probably pick up more of a bargain if you know how to sort any minor probs.

Top Bottom