Help!!!! Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I feel as if I'm unqualified to advise here given I am a total newbie to cycling, but i recently had a similar clicking noise...I lubed the spokes where they touch each other and took out th epedals and lubed the screw threads. I dunno which one did the tric but one of them did....I have no more clicks now.

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...I feel as if I'm unqualified to advise here given I am a total newbie to cycling, but i recently had a similar clicking noise...I lubed the spokes where they touch each other and took out th epedals and lubed the screw threads. I dunno which one did the tric but one of them did....I have no more clicks now.

any advice greatly accepted however I have tried 3 pairs of wheels so i don't think it's the wheels but I have had the spoke noise before.
cheers.

Mortiroloboy

Slightly OT but just as infuriating I have a particular Jersey with a metal zip pull, sometimes when the zip is up tight (collar zipped up) the metal tab hits the plastic buckle on my helmet chin strap, annoys the hell out of me, so end up having to unzip jersey :eek: As for your click as previous posters have said ,try the head set, as if you are out of the saddle and pulling on the 'bars this will make the Steerer tube 'click' as it moves inside the head tube.

OP
OP
chris42

chris42

Everything suggested has been tried execpt for removing the bottom bracket. (I'm a chicken as if I break the frame harder to claim on the warrenty) so just dropped it off at the LBS, well not very local but Activ in Folkestone are a trek main dealer and also very nice blokes!

So I'm now waiting for the call to tell me what a plonker I've been and it was.....

roshi chris

Promise to tell us, no matter how embaressingly simple it was?

Top Bottom