HELP! Program to take over a PC needed ASAP !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Evening all,

Help !!
My 80 year old mother in Cornwall has managed to mess up her laptop, I'm sure it's simple for us techy minded to unscramble but I need one of those programs that I can instruct her to download from t'web so that i can drive her PC remotely.

Has anyone any experience of a good quality freebie one that actually works ??

Yours in desperation .....

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Try goto meeting or logmein.

Sparkyman

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Im pretty sure there is a MSN / Inbuilt windows app to do it. i used to work at a place that could take over any PC to do a repair and we didnt install anything special.

was a while ago and i cannot remember what the hell we used. We did use pro XP so i guess it was just remote access.

Im still pretty sure u can do it with non-pro versions... somehow

birder56

Do bear in mind that Logmein does need to be installed on your mum's machine. If the lady is up to this then I'm impressed because I didn't have that luck when sorting out my mum-in-law's laptop.
Logmein is good but I do hope there is a really good broadband connection in Cornwall or the screen will appear to freeze at either or both ends. This will cause one of you to reboot and create general mayhem.
I do hope it works for you both.

rogersavery

Teamviewer is simply to get running, and unlike windows xp remote doesn't need anything special setup in the router or firewall

johnnyh

Veteran
ultravnc?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
+1 for logmein, with the caveat above, that it needs to be installed by mum (tho' that must surely be true of all such progs)

Top Bottom