Help upgrading SRAM SX Eagle 12spd 30T to 38T

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AliShah2020

Hi all,

I could really do with some advice please.... I have a Lapierre Pro Race SAT 5.9
1653493074065.png

I need to upgrade the chainring from a 30T to a 38T for city riding flexibility and this is my first time working with SRAM and "direct mount" chainrings.

I have spent a week looking and cannot find a compatible 38T. I had one shop advise me I would need to change the bottom bracket and entire crankset as well which seems rather. Could you please give me your view or a point in the right direction?

Really appreciate the input. Thank you very much.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

Threevok

Thanks for that... Would I need a 3mm or 6 offset and how would I know which is the right one please? I really appreciate the knowledge share. Thank you

Sorry, I'm not that well versed on SRAM or Direct Mount

You would be better off going to SRAM's site and finding the specs for your current Crankset.

Threevok

It’s not exactly a cheap bike, expensive bikes usually come with more expensive parts

True, but I pay half that for 104 BCD Hope or Raceface chainrings - and they aren't exactly budget brands

I only paid £80 for the entire Raceface Ride XC cranket (including BB and chainring) albeit in the sales

Last edited:
Top Bottom