Help - what pannier rack can I put on my bike?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by nindustrial, 13 Jul 2012.

1. nindustrial

nindustrial New Member

I have recently purchased a 2011 Giant Bowery Mashup, and am enjoying it very much:
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bikes/model/bowery.mashup/8071/45717/

This is my first Giant bike, and it is rapidly proving to be a great commuter. I do have a support question though which I am hoping someone can help me with. I took it in to my bike-store to ask this question, and they were unable to help me.

There are two eyelet holes just above the tension adjuster on the rear-fork, visible on the online pic if you zoom in:
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_ca/bikes/models/images/2000/2011/Bowery_MashUp_wht2000.jpg

I would like to know what these are for? I was hoping I could use them to put a light pannier rack onto the bike, but the mechanic at my bike-store couldnt find a bike-rack that would fit. Is this what they are for, and what sort of rack could i use?

I desperately need a rack on this bike, as I'm primarily using it for commuting, and I don't like the seat-post racks I've seen so far.

Greatly appreciate your help!

2. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

What did they mean by "not fit"?

Options are many and varied, and I have yet to meet a bike that would not take a rack.

Worst case scenarios are axle mounts, p clips and seat collar adaptors.

3. OP
    OP
    nindustrial

nindustrial New Member

They said the racks they have won't thread through the eyelot holes I pointed out in my post. Ideally, I'd like a rack that uses these holes, but if they're not meant for a rack, what are they for?

Also - looks like I mistakenly double-posted my question. Whoops, sorry - browser glitch. Can someone delete my second post, or can I do so myself?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice