Help with cheap holiday ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
soulful dog said:
What about staying at a caravan park? I've a friend who loves staying at caravan parks, although she does have 3 young kids and not a couple of teenagers, depends how they would feel about it I suppose? You could always combine that with the Fife Coastal Walk as has just been mentioned.

Incidentally, any info on the best bits of it Turdus? I'd been thinking of heading up past Fort William for a couple of days when I'm off, but could perhaps head East and visit some parts of the Fife Coastal Walk instead.

Hi Soulful Dog, There is some parts which are not so pretty such as Methol but we loved the section between Leven and Crail.

http://www.fifecoastalpath.co.uk/

Coco

Get the train/drive to Largs. Ferry over to Millport, hire bike for those that need them, and then cycle round the island. Great way to spend a day.

SimonC

Telemark said:
Hi Kev,

re diesel - possibly still cheaper for a family than the train, but there are various family ticket options, in case you didn't know

The National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh is well worth a visit (or many), there is a lot to see, but they do short intro tours (and it's free).

Not free but possibly of interest may be the Camera Obscura in Edinburgh, if you haven't been yet. I've got lots of bus tickets with "£2 off entry" vouchers for it, can send you a set for the family if you want (PM me?)
We love it and have been back with visitors.

Have you all been up Arthur's Seat and the Crags yet? I am always surprised how many locals (or near-locals) haven't been up there ...
plenty of dogs around there too, for yours to make friends with ;)

T

Was going to suggest camera obscura meself. Went with our two kids, bit younger than yours at 10 and 8, and they (and we) thought it was excellent. Much more to see and do than we expected, aside from the camera itself. We used Tesco clubcard vouchers to get in, which made it very cheap.:blush:

We planned to go in the castle after, but ran out of time to make the most of it. Dont think its so cheap either!!

OP
OP
kfinlay

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Thanks for more ideas, Camera Obscura sounds good and I have been talking to a ate at work about Glentress and it sounds fab too - may need more than one visit :biggrin:
Many thanks to all for sorting out my hols, think we'll have a great 2 weeks especially if the weather is reasonable.

Top Bottom