Help with my bike please

Should I stick with my Carrera Crossfire 2 Hybrid Bike 2011/2012 or buy a new road bike?

• Carrera Crossfire 2 Hybrid Bike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New road bike

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

azzhill

Regular
Hi all,

I am new to cycling and really have the bug for it now. I want to enter a charity bike ride next year (London to Paris).

I made a big mistake when i bought my bike because i didn't think i would like riding so much, and it was just to stop using the car so much. The bloke in the shop said a hybrid was best (not his fault, at the time in was the best for me) so i ended with a Carrera Crossfire 2 Hybrid Bike 2011/2012. I can get about an avg of 16mph over 20 - 50 miles.

Now to the problem i have. Today after 18 miles my chain came off and cause a lot of damage to the bike. It is covered under the warranty but will take up to 3 weeks to get fixed due to waiting for parts. Now with the London to paris ride i was going to buy a new bike 2 - 3 months before.

Should with all this in mind, should i buy the new bike now to keep my trainning going or should I suck it and wait??

If i should buy a new one which one and what should i look for as i have no idea? I have been looking at halfords, are any of these any good and if so which ones?

Thank you for reading the long post :-)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
ask the shop doing the repair under wnty to loan you a bike as the failure was not your fault

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the budget for the road bike? This has been hailed for the best value for money out there, probably under £500, over £500 it'll be a different game to some extent. It'll take a rack and mudguards for the Paris ride if required

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-id_8167038.html

You will need 2 bikes if you have the bug and 3 or more bikes once you really get the bug :whistle:

If you were going to get a new bike anyway, and you have the spare cash now, just do it!

I think all the help you wanted from us was the justification right? ;)

Top Bottom