Help with my first stealth camping night!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
Ah right so you're one of those southerners who likes to maintain they are really a northerner? :ohmy:

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
It's my posting, so no argy bargy please!

As a southern softie (born in the Midlands as it happens) current forecast is rain, and I was only planning the ride in the first place as a way of getting to Bristol airport for my hols... I will be taking the train if it is wet

trio25

Über Member
Only done bivvying when I am riding off road so maybe easier to be away from people. I also live in the less populated NW. But never had any issues at all. Love it, ride till tired, sleep, ride some more!

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Current forecast suggests rain on Friday althought dry overnight Thurs to Fri, with fog in the morning. To be honest the trip is solely for the purpose of getting to Bristol for a Saturday morning flight (staying with friends on Friday night), so if the weather is not lovely it sort of removes the point of camping (in my view). So currently will be going on train but prepared to make a last minute change!

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
UPDATED: Help with my first stealth camping night!

IT'S OFFICIAL, I am off stealth camping tonight. So if you never hear from me again....

I will try to send an update late tonight from my lair using my mobile....

I do hope he's out of 3G coverage rather than been eaten by wolves.:becool:

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
well I am ALIVE. No axe murders but there did appear to be a very low and very slow helicopter overhead at 1am. I was on the Wilthshire downs, up a bridleway on a patch of flat grass alongside but on the public side of a barbed wire fence. I had stunnign 25 mile views but noone within at least 1.5k from me, and no hassle. I was up at 610 and off by 635. Had a lovely cycle to Bristol.

I will post a piccy later! I did try to post by mobile last night but it was just too slow

Top Bottom