Help with these road markings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr. Cow

Über Member
Hi all,

Can anyone advise the rules around these solid-bound chevron type road markings on an 'A' road on my commute?
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4...4!1siUEj0CXfqa46WTDm7t48aw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Are they enforceable in the same way as motorway chevrons in that they mustn't be entered unless in an emergency?
I have had a few close calls here with drivers going into them and cutting me up, on what is a difficult uphill rounadbout to negotiate on a bike as it is!
Anyway I got a particularly bad one on camera and just wondered if its worth the hassle of sending it in.

Cheers:okay:

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks like double solid white lines, which would be enforceable. The law is not to cross a solid white line so I'd suggest submitting it.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Rule 130​

Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.

• If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
  • If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.

Top Bottom