help with trike ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Cunobelin on the last pic with the blue frame is that an inline skate wheel on the bottom of the seat ?
im guessing its to allowe the seat to slide back during folding rather than it scraping the frame but it looks sort of out of place

It is part of the seat and when it is all folded up, allows the whole package to be rolled along concourses and hotel corridors..

Gekko_fxs_action_gefaltet_Junge_AN_9536.jpg

This is the latest FXs model which has larger wheels on the outside of the seat

paul fellows

neat idea, shame about it folding the wrong way.
if Stuee's locking fails whilst it is being ridden, the tracking rod will cause the wheels to toe in just a bit, the extra drag will hold the arms in place until he slows down.

starhawk

When I bough the Gekko, the two main factors were thatthe seat remained within the fold, but also the hinge direction

I have no doubt that both the HPVelotechnik and ICE designs and interlocks are safe

The ICE hinge opens at the bottom with the hinge at the top
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjG7B0t-xvI9xusDYZNM0WTANS50XEMDeC8bRpl4_XdxKGF_nr4Q.jpg

The HP Velotechnik hinge is slightly offset , but essentially opens at the top
DSCN3971.JPG

Rationally I thought that the latter would be safer in case of failure as the weight would close the hinge on the Gekko, but open it on the ICE

On which ICE is that hinge? I have an ICE (Trice Q) and it has no real hinge, it uses the suspension to fold the rear wheel downwards under the seat, so the hinge "opens at the top" to use your expression.

Top Bottom