Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickt

I cycle at 6am every morning 12 miles to the gym before work so its pretty cold

at the moment i just wear a pair of winter gloves (not cycling) and 2 pairs of normal socks yet my toes n fingers are freezing

can anyone recommend a pair of socks and gloves as ive browsed a few cycle shop sites and there seem so many different ones so i wanted a bit of guidance

thanks in advance

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
overshoes seem to be the best for keeping your feet warm.

hands i use sealskinz when its very cold, any other time it is just my fingerless mitts. failing that ive heard of people wearing latex gloves under normal gloves to stop the wind chill.

simon.r

Person
Unless it's very cold I find thin but windproof gloves effective. The ones I have at the moment came from Asda of all places! Motorbike socks seem pretty good at keeping tootsies warm and can be had in not too thick material. Aldi is my supplier of choice!

Fubar

Guru
You'll get lots of advice on socks, and a quick search of the forum will throw up plenty of ideas - I also get cold hands and feet, I wear a pair of Aldi winter gloves which are great and a cheap pair of over-shoes from Decathlon - toastie!

akb

Veteran
I used to get this and found that simply wriggling fingers and toes, changing foot and hand positions on the bars helps loads. I fitted some bar ends as an alternative hand position. Managed to get through the cold winter without any problems. Keep the circulation going, should take the chill off.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Currently i wear altura shield gloves for the inbound trip at 6am,frost this morning andmy hands were just right .On the way homei have a thin pair of full finger gloves.
The legs i wear a pair of normal pair of padded shorts with some running leggings on top.
On the top i have a SS jersey+ armwarmers that i will stick a windproof on top for the inbound trip( its a bannana yellow with reflectives as i like to be as visible as possible that time of day )

I have panniers so i tend to carry a variety of bits to match likely weather including overshoes if it gets cold+rainlegs for the wet.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Not tried 'em myself but Ive heard good reports of silk liners under normal gloves.

That's what I use, but you need a larger size normal glove and the silk liners will come apart very easily if they come into contact with velcro. Otherwise they do a good job of being the first heat retaining layer.

Top Bottom