Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIGSESAL

Hi I am just starting cycling as a hobby. I am 17 and hence strapped for cash. I am looking for a road bike. It doesn't need to be the bike around, as long as it is durable and will last me a long time.

I have around £200 but could push that budget to £350.

Does anyone know of a good shop in the Glasgow region that I could get a cheap bike or a decent used one.

Thanks alot,

Scott

If you can get to Edinburgh the Ed CoOp revolution range has a good name.
Evans are in Glasgow I think, I believe they do older models at cheaper prices.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hi BIGSESAL and WELCOME to the Forum !

If you plough through the "LBS Recommendations" thread, you will discover Billy Bilsland Cycles out near Glasgow Green gets a recommendation.

There are plenty of 'near Glasgow' members of the forum, so someone should be along to give better advice in a mo'.

Sorry I can't help further - I'm in Auld Reekie :wacko:

Oh yes I can ! There's an Evans in the Braehead Shopping Centre

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You'd need to be tall, but if you are....this might not be what you're looking for, but if I lived in Glasgow, I'd be tempted

Perry

Have a look in the Classified section on here, you might get a bargain.

Young Un

look on the second hand market:

i bout a giant scr2 2007 with just 400 miles on the clock and some very very small scratches on it.

i paid 310 for that but if i had gone into a shop and bought this yrs model ( same bike but different paint job and a 30/39/50 crankset instead of the 2007's 30/42/52) it would have cost me 545. so for a 2 hour drive i saved 235 quid which for a 13 yr old is alot!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Young Un said:
so for a 2 hour drive i saved 235 quid which for a 13 yr old is alot!!
He's a smart fella, this Young Un - AND he didn't even have to drive/pay petrol etc :becool:

WELL DONE - and I hope you have many happy (s)miles ! :biggrin::biggrin:

BIGSESAL said:
Hi I am just starting cycling as a hobby. I am 17 and hence strapped for cash. I am looking for a road bike. It doesn't need to be the bike around, as long as it is durable and will last me a long time.

I have around £200 but could push that budget to £350.

Does anyone know of a good shop in the Glasgow region that I could get a cheap bike or a decent used one.

Thanks alot,

Scott

Welcome to CC, Bigsesal!

Have a look at this, and if you feel up to it, why not come along for the ride! It's only 45 miles! :becool:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15679&highlight=pedal+for+scotland

Top Bottom