Helping hand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you know them? Personally I'd find such rather patronising if not offensive!

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I say good on him ..

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You must have good bike skills @s7ephanie, I would have wobbled allover while having a mini heart attack for the surprise :laugh:
I know a young (and fit) ride leader, she does this sometimes with, ahem, more mature ladies.

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5355201, member: 9609"]we did, but we had to take it back as she likes to pedal and keeps count of her miles. You have to secretly push her up hills.
she regularly knocks out 2-300 miles a month doing 2 or 3 miles at a time. hope I can still manage that in my 80s.[/QUOTE]
Good on her, I wish the same for me being honest but can't think of anyone who would secretly push my bulk up a hill. :shy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I don't know why anybody could find this offensive unless it was done improperly. It's one cyclist giving support to another less fit cyclist, I used to do the same for GtiJunior if he was flagging on the way home. It's a sporting gesture and I get impatient with the competitively PC who are determined to take offence whenever they can.

Have a look at the excellent short film Two Broad Arrows on Vimeo for a good sporting gesture.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Touching somebody on the buttocks would be inappropriate for either sex but a push on the saddle or the small of the back is fine. You're ignoring the joyful comradeship of cycling and the spirit of friendly cooperation it engenders and reducing it to a miserable, small-minded exercise in political correctness. There should be no place in sport for that kind of negative attitude.

Two mountain bike clubs I know of in Lancashire were attacked by someone of that ilk, it went to Court and I'm delighted to say that the Court threw the case out and awarded costs against the plaintiff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom