Hemel Hillbuster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Guru
Its return is confirmed for Sunday 18th April 2021. I assume some sort of slightly more staggered start to comply with whatever rules are at the time

UPDATE / EDIT for 2022
https://www.dens.org.uk/event/hemel-hillbuster/

2022 Version on 24th April.

Last edited:

Tribansman

Veteran
Looks a great route through the Chilterns that. I could make it into a century too by riding to and from. Think I'll book on...

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Guru
Looks a great route through the Chilterns that. I could make it into a century too by riding to and from. Think I'll book on...
It is a lovely route, and as the name suggests quite hilly, including Whiteleaf near Princes Risborough. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere and good food stops and burgers and beers served afterwards in the park.:okay:

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Guru
It's a great name for a sportive... when I'm older I fancy designing a sportive held entirely on cobbles where riders waste each other's time with pointless monologues. I'll call it "The fillibuster nut cluster buster".
I'll organise the short route for overweight cyclists and/or those with inadequately supportive sports bras, simply titled "The Cobble Wobble"

*Logistically both of these are hard to organise due to lack of cobbles linked into sections long enough for a decent ride in the UK. There is a small cobble section at end of the HHB up old Hemel High Street, but its one way so you cant even ride it in a loop. See also climb out off Filey beach front.

Not heard yet whether HHB is going ahead or moving dates (again) given its scheduled for the day before Boris's new unlocking date

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Guru
I did but had to cancel as something's come up this weekend. Gutted as really wanted to ride it. Ah well, there's always next year!
Indeed.

Looks like its going to be damn hot, the beers at the finish will be much appreciated.

Top Bottom