Hen Expert Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
Ayam Cemani.jpg
Ayam Cemani Chick.jpg
My father has chickens and one of them is (I think) an Ayam Cemani and all the others are some sort of fat common chicken. Amongst the fat common ones is a cock and every now and again my father incubates some eggs and has new fat common chickens.

Anyway he's had the Ayam Cemani for a number of years and she has done nothing worth reporting on Cyclechat up until now...

About a month ago she started to sit on a couple of her eggs and a few days ago she hatched a chick! Not a black/grey Ayam Cemani chick but a white one (actually it's starting to turn yellow) with a black dot on its head. I think my father has facilitated the creation of a new breed of chicken!!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Remind me, which came first?
The rooster, definitely the rooster....

I sure hope that chick is named Joe Davis

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThR-7kAdslQPQvPpdP5cIXHnOqLzT5YQUrPrNUbwGjH9a_zRSmAA.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThR-7kAdslQPQvPpdP5cIXHnOqLzT5YQUrPrNUbwGjH9a_zRSmAA.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThR-7kAdslQPQvPpdP5cIXHnOqLzT5YQUrPrNUbwGjH9a_zRSmAA.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 5

TVC

Well, I think we can close the thread, the OP has clearly been properly answered.
Don't get in a flap,
Just cross the road, nothing to see here.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
View attachment 149049 View attachment 149050 My father has chickens and one of them is (I think) an Ayam Cemani and all the others are some sort of fat common chicken. Amongst the fat common ones is a cock and every now and again my father incubates some eggs and has new fat common chickens.

Anyway he's had the Ayam Cemani for a number of years and she has done nothing worth reporting on Cyclechat up until now...

About a month ago she started to sit on a couple of her eggs and a few days ago she hatched a chick! Not a black/grey Ayam Cemani chick but a white one (actually it's starting to turn yellow) with a black dot on its head. I think my father has facilitated the creation of a new breed of chicken!!
So your not quite sure whether this chick is white with a black dot or yellow with a black dot and as we all know chicks start out yellow then change colour anyway so the reality is we don't have a feckin clue what colour it is going to be or indeed if your father has " facilitated the creation of a new breed of chicken", we shall wait with bated breath for the exciting outcome of this conundrum.:becool:
Please keep us updated with any new developments as they occur, pictures are mandatory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom