Her very first 'Minder'...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My youngest isn't feeling too hot at the moment - sick, listless, all that. She came and flopped on the sofa last night while I was having a mindless hour watching Minder, a much loved show from my youth.

She lasted about 10 minutes before she suddenly said: 'Why are you watching this? It's rubbish.' 'No,' I said, 'it's a classic. You just don't appreciate it.' She lasted another five minutes or so. 'No. It's not that I don't appreciate it. It's absolutely terrible.' And off she dragged her aching bones.

To be fair, it wasn't the best episode I've seen. In fact, it was pretty, well, if we're being brutally honest about it....rubbish.

They say you can't go back. Sometimes it's true.

Drago

Legendary Member
You want to get that boy McCann to slap her round the earole for her impertinence!

Sara_H

Guru
My youngest isn't feeling too hot at the moment - sick, listless, all that. She came and flopped on the sofa last night while I was having a mindless hour watching Minder, a much loved show from my youth.

She lasted about 10 minutes before she suddenly said: 'Why are you watching this? It's rubbish.' 'No,' I said, 'it's a classic. You just don't appreciate it.' She lasted another five minutes or so. 'No. It's not that I don't appreciate it. It's absolutely terrible.' And off she dragged her aching bones.

To be fair, it wasn't the best episode I've seen. In fact, it was pretty, well, if we're being brutally honest about it....rubbish.

They say you can't go back. Sometimes it's true.
Hmmm.... interesting. How old is she?

My 12 year old is really into 80's comedy at the minute. He's got box sets of Only Fools and Horses and mentioned to me that he'd been watching Allo Allo at his Granny's house.

stephec

Legendary Member
Show her The Professionals, that was much better.

Then when she's old enough get her into The Sweeney.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Her indoors doesn't mind a bit of Minder

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Children's TV was much better in the 80's & 90's. Me and the other one went through a strange phase of buying classic cartoons on DVD a few years back and now the kids love them...favourites so far are He-Man, Button Moon and Jem And The Holograms

Top Bottom