Hercules Aston Tourist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had another tinkering session this morning and managed to get the 27" rear wheel in and fully operational and even had time for a two mile road test and what a difference a round wheel makes :laugh: just need to sort the front one out now .

IMG_20181008_062111284.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And a nice Turbo saddle that must add another 10 mph to the top speed.:smile::whistle:

Yes i swapped the original post & saddle out for the one shown ie Turbo as i needed better access to the rear brake caliper and the dynamo cabling .
Whilst swapping wheels around i had to swap the rear cog's around as the 27" wheel had 23 toothed one whilst the 26" one had a 17 toothed one so i didn't have to lengthen the chain , which needs a good de greasing as does the crank and associated bottom bracket area .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Bit of time tonight trying to work out why I couldn't get the quill stem fully out .

IMG_20181010_200804443.jpg
IMG_20181010_200821470.jpg

And the bottom 1.5" of the stem had broken away and where it had been tightened up had pulled the broken section off centre causing it to stop the quill coming up .

All out now just need to sort out which stem and bar combination is going back in .

woodbutcher

Veteran
Bit of time tonight trying to work out why I couldn't get the quill stem fully out .

View attachment 433489 View attachment 433490

And the bottom 1.5" of the stem had broken away and where it had been tightened up had pulled the broken section off centre causing it to stop the quill coming up .

All out now just need to sort out which stem and bar combination is going back in .
Well done getting that lot out !!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well done getting that lot out !!

All part of the fun

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Quick update got 27" wheels in front & rear now .

IMG_20181017_074449353.jpg
IMG_20181017_074505340.jpg

Front brake with right amount of drop sorted just need to re dish the rear wheel to centre of the frame then I can fit a caliper and start cabling up .

Clearances are quite tight with the bigger wheels so not sure if the original guards will fit yet . Once everything is offered up and fitted i can start doing some cleaning and some more test miles .

Last edited:
Top Bottom