Here comes Winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Its only just 9.00 and already its dark:sad: Does'nt seem like I have had much chance for balmy summer evening rides this year and already the nights are closing in.

I hope we have an Indian summer on its way or I am going to be major t'd off.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Look on the bright side.......................................

Dunno what it is, but you can look on it

I went out for a quick 'nosey parker' 20km around the 'Climate Change' corner of Heathrow late this after... - blo*dy persistent drizzle, chilly breeze and am now being kicked metaphorically up the backside watching France whip Englands in Marseille...could be a long cold spell... :biggrin::ohmy: :ohmy:

got two hours in in the dry this morning,which was a bit of a suprise.
payback will be in the clubs 150 miles in twelve hour ride tomorrow i expect!:ohmy:

barq

I've really struggled to get a decent amount of riding in on account of the weather. Doubtless if my lifestyle were more flexible then I would be able to take advantage of the slightly less rainy better days, but as it is my free time almost always coincides with rain and wind. My summer bike has seen less than two months use this year. :ohmy:

Melvil

Here comes winter? I'm looking forward to winter as it will probably be brighter and sunnier than now!

Mr Phoebus

mondobongo said:
Its only just 9.00 and already its dark:sad: Does'nt seem like I have had much chance for balmy summer evening rides this year and already the nights are closing in.

I hope we have an Indian summer on its way or I am going to be major t'd off.
Whoa!!!!!! Just hold your horses, the leaves have yet to fall off the trees yet!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Saw an advert on TV last night which started 'This Autumn'.
Mr P it will be a case of here today gone tomorrow with those leaves.

bonj2

rubbish - when is it ever light at 9pm? usually in summer it starts getting dark at 8pm, in winter it's about 4/5pm!

Melvil

bonj said:
rubbish - when is it ever light at 9pm? usually in summer it starts getting dark at 8pm, in winter it's about 4/5pm!

You should move up here, Bonj, the weather may be rubbish but on midsummer, years ago, I was coming back home at midnight and, although the sun had recently set, it was still pretty light and there was a lovely red glow on the horizon. During midsummer it never gets really dark, it just fades to a dark blue glow for a couple of hours before the sun comes up again.

It's even better (or worse, depending on your preference) in the highlands and shetland.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
bonj said:
22.00 in the midlands, 22.30 North east, 23.00 Scotland. Unless of course you walk round with your eyes closed / blinkered.
OH! :ohmy: forgot who I was answering :ohmy:

snorri

Legendary Member
bonj said:

Sounds as if you live in a mobile home bonj, I take it you go south for the summer and north for the winter?:ohmy:

Dormouse

How about starting a campaign for Britain switch to Central European Time (GMT+2h in summer). It would get my vote but probably would not go down well with the Scots.

Top Bottom