Here We Go Again - Dog Number 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've not been around much, largely due to work and other stuff. One of the stuff things has been volunteering at the local greyhound welfare kennels for the past 2 years. This resulted in the 3rd dog arriving in September 2021, a 5 year 6 month old bitch who did well pre-covid, but after 18 months of lockdown didn't want to run anymore. She settled well with my (now) 10 year old Husky X and 7 year old lurcher.
My shift work allows me to help with vet runs, and in July last year an 18 month old lad came in with a serious leg injury, having fallen in his 9th race. Thankfully (if you can say that), he fell at a Ladbrokes track and as such his 'repair bill' has been covered. He kind of grew on us, having multiple 1 and 2 night stays to make the vet trips easier, got on well with my 3, and culminated in a 7 day stay over Christmas. The benefit of the stay was a huge, detailed write up on the dog for any potential adopter. It was very hard to return him to the kennels, and after much deliberation we have decided to give him a proper trial, starting Friday. Nobody showed any interest in him which is a real shame, he is the easiest greyhound I have met, but I guess a 2 year old with the arthritis of a 10yr old and the complications that brings are a hard sell.
Anyway, meet 'Tup'.

tup.jpg

And wish me luck!

Best of luck with Tup!
I've read that greyhounds make great pets.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Beast. Bet he's brilliant round the house.

He is a bit of a biggie! I've had to change the dog carrying car, he is simply too tall to fit through the tailgate opening on the old Volvo estate without real care being needed to avoid him hitting his back. He is, however, the easiest greyhound I've ever walked. Very peaceful, doesn't react to cats or squirrels and tends to lose lead walk next to me.

Top Bottom