1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

here we go again: Vino

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by wafflycat, 24 Jul 2007.

1. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

oh bugger :biggrin:

3. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Gutted and very angry. I liked Vino and was full of admiration for the way he fought for his pride and self-respect after his Tour seemed to be over. How bloody stupid are these people? :biggrin::smile:!:biggrin:

4. chris42

chris42 New Member

:biggrin::angry::biggrin::angry::smile::angry::smile::angry::biggrin::angry::biggrin::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Don't know if I will watch the rest!

5. habibi

habibi New Member

I feel sorry for Kloden. If he's clean..

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

What price the Tour being stopped? With the Rasmussen case still rumbling I bet the organisers would almost be relieved to pull the plug.

7. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

<snort of derision>
    Sorry, it's hard not to be cynical about it.:biggrin:

8. FatBloke

FatBloke Well-Known Member

Oh FFS!!!! :biggrin::smile:!:biggrin::biggrin:!:smile::biggrin:!

9. g3nzo

g3nzo New Member

nooooooooo!!! that is terrible news. i'm gutted, its so hard to follow a rider and not suspect them of doping, it shouldnt be like that!

10. FatBloke

FatBloke Well-Known Member

Far too much cash invested! They'd be sued by every sponsor, TV company, drug manufacturer, etc. etc.

The Tour would continue even if there was only me an' thee left in it!!
    (and I know you're on drugs!!)

11. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

Where is Millar overall?

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

FOR FUX SAKE!
    Sod a two-year ban. Make it for life! That way, just MAYBE the sport will come clean (in both senses).
    Petacchi is cleared - fortunately - but now Vinokourov fails!
    Words fail me! :biggrin::biggrin:

13. monnet

monnet Über Member

The only thing that shocks me is that he got caught. I always felt Vino was going to be one of those that was 'prepared' well enough to go undetected. I also began to naively think he might actually be clean given the way he failed to recover from the time trial.

Oh well, normal service resumed. I'll keep watching though, as I have done every year since I can remember.

14. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

dammit, this tour was the best for a long time.

Don't care about Vino, just want to see Contador battle it out properly with Rasmussen!