Hereford to Hay-on-Wye - Sat 3rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A few of us are looking at doing a ride from Hereford to Hay-on-Wye with a quick jaunt up Gospel Pass.

Around 50 miles or so, starting at 10am if possible. The route is lumpy, around 1500ft climb to Hay (and same in reverse) but another 1000ft up Gospel.

Start from the train station, all day car parking with loads of space for £1 not far away (Blackfriars Street, behind the football ground).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
IMG00141-20110305-1335.jpg
Working the night before unfortunately. At least it saves me worrying about keeping up.:biggrin:
I was told that post was put their for cyclists to hold omto while getting their breath back after climbing up from Haye on Wye

lukesdad

This will be a joint production between the South Wales chapter and the chatroom so it wont be fast :whistle: .

Docs in charge of the route and ill be found in the hospitality tent as usual. :biggrin:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Strongly tempted - currently free that Saturday.

However train times are against me. Can get there for 9:19 or 10:19, but nothing in between.

lukesdad

However train times are against me. Can get there for 9:19 or 10:19, but nothing in between.

Ah Jim glad you ve joined the thread I was going to PM you to Ask if youd put the word round with the guys who usually do the CC rides up your way. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

If its a case of 10:20 I don't see why we cannot start at that time.

And waiting 40 minutes on the 9:20 isn't that bad, im sure others would turn up before 10 too...

Top Bottom