Here's the rain for morning commute

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by mustang1, 15 Jan 2018.

1. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

Has been raining gently for a few hours but now has become heavy. I'm still riding in though.

Anyone else riding in or taking substitute transport?

2. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Enjoy the alleged 40 mile winds too. I've got an appointment....I'm driving there!

biggs682 likes this.
  3. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Yep. Teeming down here. Just about to head out.

As proven with last week's supposed 40 mile plus winds. They hardly ever materialise in the SE and I expect the same today.

4. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Same

5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Certainly sounds windy here :smile:

6. iwantanewbike

iwantanewbike Well-Known Member

Going in regardless - the car is in the garage!

7. gaz71

gaz71 Über Member

Its a bit windy here and its raining.I"ll be heading out on my bike soon.

8. Slick

Slick Veteran

I cycled in this morning, but to be honest it's not too bad here and I'm not at my usual place of work so not as long. As long as I have access to a hot shower and a change of clothes I find rain just adds another dimension to the challenge of a commute ride. I do avoid gales though.

raleighnut likes this.
  9. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

Rather than the full commute, I opted for a 10 minute thrash in the rain to the train station and then through Manchester to work. Whilst I don't particularly mind getting wet if I can stay warm, arriving at work soaked and getting changed in a toilet, with no clothes drying facilities other than a radiator by my desk, is not a pleasant experience. And wet clothes drying out can get a bit whiffy, which is bit unfair on colleagues in an open plan office.
    If have arrived damp either with sweat or getting caught in rain on the journey, generally I can get them dry or dryish before the majority of my colleagues arrive.

mustang1 likes this.
  10. Hop3y

Hop3y Padiham Commuter

Committed to today being the first day commuting in 18 months. Woke up and saw the rain, didn't stop me. Back on it!

mgs315 and raleighnut like this.
  11. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

It really wasn't that bad out there in my neck of the woods. Wet on the first leg to the station, little windy but nothing more then a breeze. Train to SE London. Stopped raining by the time the train pulled in, just a light mizzle in the air. Pushed to work by fab tailwind.
    All in all, despite the not great conditions, it was a fair enjoyable ride to work. Raining heavier now but looking drier and less windy for the commute home later today.

12. C R

C R Über Member

Not too bad here, just a bit of rain and the wind died down now, it sounded bad during the night, so I rode in. Didn't really get wet, but then my commute is only ten minutes.

13. MichaelO

MichaelO Über Member

I rode in - was expecting to get a drenching, but wasn't actually all that wet. Nice tailwind too! Hoping it dies down a bit before this evening's ride home - looks like it might switch to a crosswind :sad:

14. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

It was persisting down at home this morning. I decided today could be my day off as I did the imperial century yesterday, and the van coped well with the wind and rain^_^ Shame about the traffic though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice