Here's the rain for morning commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Has been raining gently for a few hours but now has become heavy. I'm still riding in though.

Anyone else riding in or taking substitute transport?

vickster

Legendary Member
Enjoy the alleged 40 mile winds too. I've got an appointment....I'm driving there!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep. Teeming down here. Just about to head out.

As proven with last week's supposed 40 mile plus winds. They hardly ever materialise in the SE and I expect the same today.

Slick

Guru
I cycled in this morning, but to be honest it's not too bad here and I'm not at my usual place of work so not as long. As long as I have access to a hot shower and a change of clothes I find rain just adds another dimension to the challenge of a commute ride. I do avoid gales though.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Rather than the full commute, I opted for a 10 minute thrash in the rain to the train station and then through Manchester to work. Whilst I don't particularly mind getting wet if I can stay warm, arriving at work soaked and getting changed in a toilet, with no clothes drying facilities other than a radiator by my desk, is not a pleasant experience. And wet clothes drying out can get a bit whiffy, which is bit unfair on colleagues in an open plan office.
If have arrived damp either with sweat or getting caught in rain on the journey, generally I can get them dry or dryish before the majority of my colleagues arrive.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It really wasn't that bad out there in my neck of the woods. Wet on the first leg to the station, little windy but nothing more then a breeze. Train to SE London. Stopped raining by the time the train pulled in, just a light mizzle in the air. Pushed to work by fab tailwind.
All in all, despite the not great conditions, it was a fair enjoyable ride to work. Raining heavier now but looking drier and less windy for the commute home later today.

C R

Guru
Not too bad here, just a bit of rain and the wind died down now, it sounded bad during the night, so I rode in. Didn't really get wet, but then my commute is only ten minutes.

MichaelO

Veteran
I rode in - was expecting to get a drenching, but wasn't actually all that wet. Nice tailwind too! Hoping it dies down a bit before this evening's ride home - looks like it might switch to a crosswind :sad:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
It was persisting down at home this morning. I decided today could be my day off as I did the imperial century yesterday, and the van coped well with the wind and rain^_^ Shame about the traffic though...

Top Bottom