Hernia mesh concerns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
The way I looked at it was I would have had to wait at least two years before I would have even been seen by the NHS. Being 72 next week I've got a big bucket list to do!
Happy birthday for next week GM. Have a great time!!........perhaps the family will have bought you a new bike, after all

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The way I looked at it was I would have had to wait at least two years before I would have even been seen by the NHS. Being 72 next week I've got a big bucket list to do!
I'm not a great fan of private health care though I would never criticise someone for choosing to use it.

I think this is a great reason to go private. Well done. 👏

Reactions: GM
Thread resurrection… I had a small umbilical hernia repaired on Saturday and now just over 48hrs post op. The swelling is starting to come through now along with the bruising. You don’t realise how much you use your abs for day to day activities and mundane things like blowing your nose!

Currently finding it a struggle to go between sitting up and lying down. Got a sick note for 3 weeks. Already bored of both positions, I’m not a good patient. Only concession is that I’m knackered from having a sit and a little chat with the wife and then need to sleep!!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear that @bikingdad90 . I'm sure you'll be fine given time.
Umbilical hernia, is that where your belly button protrudes? See it a lot here especially among women. They never seem to bother doing anything about it. I guess it gets uncomfortable, hence the op.

@Cycleops. It’s where a piece of the intestine sticks through a hole in the abdomen. In women it often occurs because of pregnancy and in men it’s usually because of a weak spot from the womb.

In my case the hernia sack wouldn’t fully go back into the belly when lying or coughing so was at increased risk of growing and eventual strangulation. I lasted 3 years after it’s happened before seeking treatment, partly due to covid.

The operation only takes about 40mins but it’s the going under general anaesthetic and then recovery that takes the time. Was in an out in an afternoon. It was open surgery as it was still small in size and done private but in NHS rates because of waiting times.

@Andy in Germany I’d love to laugh but alas it hurts!!!

Top Bottom