Hertford, Coy Carp, day trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Top pub with good grub. Almost central between ourselves (Me & Martok) and Norm so we decided to head there for a "swift half". Lovely ride out in lovely weather, almost 40 mile round trip. I had actually planned more on cleaning the bike but relaxing, chatting and oiling oneself with alcohol in the shade seemed like a better plan.

Lovely to meet Norm, who really does look identical to his forum avatar! ;) Also met up with a friend of ours from The Old Age Playstationers who is regular MTBer. The rides looked like a meet of the Specialized fan club with a Secteur, Tricross and Stump Jumper. Only a Trek letting the side down. ;)

Anyway, pizza time, always a good excuse to go for a 40 mile round trip ride before eating pizza. :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
HaloJ said:
Top pub with good grub. Almost central between ourselves (Me & Martok) and Norm so we decided to head there for a "swift half". Lovely ride out in lovely weather, almost 40 mile round trip. I had actually planned more on cleaning the bike but relaxing, chatting and oiling oneself with alcohol in the shade seemed like a better plan.

Lovely to meet Norm, who really does look identical to his forum avatar! :biggrin: Also met up with a friend of ours from The Old Age Playstationers who is regular MTBer. The rides looked like a meet of the Specialized fan club with a Secteur, Tricross and Stump Jumper. Only a Trek letting the side down. ;)

Anyway, pizza time, always a good excuse to go for a 40 mile round trip ride before eating pizza. :smile:
Sounds good Haloj,question is does Martok look like his avatar:biggrin:?
Think you should head north next time to meet me halfway,Birmingham?;)

Norm

Good times.

Pizza sounds like a grand idea. I struggled a bit for the last mile or so before home, then I realised I'd only had a slice of bread at lunchtime, as I didn't want to eat just before the ride.

The good news is that HaloJ looks a lot better than her avatar. The bad news is that Martok doesn't. ;)

I hope that Martok's Trek won't be a factor for too much longer, Halo. ;)

Norm

The Coy Carp, and I think HaloJ meant Harefield (between Uxbridge and Rickmansworth) rather than Hertford which is 25 miles further to the north east. :biggrin:

OP
OP
HaloJ

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Norm said:
The Coy Carp, and I think HaloJ meant Harefield (between Uxbridge and Rickmansworth) rather than Hertford which is 25 miles further to the north east. :biggrin:

Well I was rushing to beat you to the posting, as was the bet when we left the pub :ohmy:

Norm

Yeah.... but I still beat you to the text message (and I stopped on the way to get some M&M's that I'd promised my daughter). :biggrin:

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Norm said:
The good news is that HaloJ looks a lot better than her avatar. The bad news is that Martok doesn't. :ohmy:
I was having a bad hair day! Well actually a bad hair quarter century, it's that long since it fell out. :smile:

Norm said:
I hope that Martok's Trek won't be a factor for too much longer, Halo. :biggrin:
I suspect that after the little ride on your Specialized Tri-cross today and the Secteur Elite demo bike I'll be using on the Evans Ride It! Hatfield sportive on 18 July, I'll be getting one in the near future...

Norm

Bad hair quarter century, huh. :biggrin: Mine started going when I was 17, very noticeable before I even started at Uni. Which was nice.

Oh, and your post reminds me, my Secteur is a 54cm. I'll bring it along next time, if we meet up again before the Ride It!

Flipping the stem made a difference for me getting onto the drops, and you can try the interrupter levers. Not sure what you thought of the Tricross, but you looked comfortable on the drops.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Just remember that baldness is a sign of virility. :smile:

Glad to know your Secteur is a 54cm. We look a similar height (though I may have longer legs as your seat was a little low for me) and this is the size of the Secteur Elite demo bike I've got for the ride, so it should be perfect.

I liked the Tricross, it was comfy and much lighter than my Trek 7200. The drops seemed fine and I liked the shifters, easy to reach and change, though it did take me two laps of the car park before I worked out how to shift up a gear! :ohmy: They are definitely better than the Sora thumb shifters on HaloJ's Secteur Sport.

Interesting to hear about all your different bikes. I can see why you need a few. HaloJ definitely doesn't need any more though. :biggrin:

Norm

Martok said:
Just remember that baldness is a sign of virility. :smile:
The Lord created two kinds of men, and then covered the ugly ones with hair. :biggrin:

I do have relatively short legs and long (and wide) body, so I can see that the saddle may have been low. The garage door is open any time you want to come and have a ride - and if you've read the Magners thread, you'll have seen what else I keep in there. :ohmy:

Top Bottom