Herts 3 Rivers Ride Sunday 6 June from Stevenage STILL ON!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
As promised, TheDoctor will be leading a ride Sunday 6th June.
The plan is to meet at Costellos cafe at Fairlands Park, Six Hills Way, Stevenage SG2 0BL for a 10 am start. There's lots of car parking, and it's an easy 10 minute ride from Stevenage station.

The route will go out via Walkern, along the valley of the River Beane, then to Halls Green, Weston, Clothall and Baldock, where we can stop for lunch at a pub or a cafe, depending on how we feel on the day. We'll be near the source of the River Ivel. From there, we'll go to Bygrave and Ashwell for a tea and cake stop in the village hall. We can also visit the source of the River Cam for paddling.

Leaving Ashwell, we'll head back towards Cromer, passing a windmill, through Ardeley, back into Walkern again and back into Stevenage. There are no particularly steep hills, but the whole ride is somewhat undulating. Total distance will be around 45 miles, with options to add or lose a few, depending how we all feel on the day. We'll mostly be on very quiet roads, and there is a ford involved, with a footbridge for the faint of heart and slick of tyre.

I'm sure we'll all enjoy it!!!

List so far...

TheDoc;)
Stevevw
Tynan (maybe)
gbs
Redflight

What is on the agenda for the afternoon, Doc? :laugh:

Sig SilverPrinter

Sorry can't make it , its dads 86th birthday.

gbs

Guru
I would like to join but as usual half commitments made by OH need to be resolved before I go firm on this.

OP
OP
TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Be good to see you again if you can make it, Tynan.
@ Flying Dodo - cheers!! There are nice bits of St Ephanage (said he, desperately trying to think of one).

Top Bottom