Het Volk (spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So who do people fancy for the first day out on the pave of the Low Countries this season?

There's a massive field, but you've got to fancy the Quickstep squad, who've got about 4 potential winners... Boonen and Devolder in particular.

Noodley

Devolder - alleges a "wrist injury"
Boonen - alleges "jet lag"

Guaranteed 1 and 2 :blush:

QS have a strong squad beyond Devolder and Boonen, and don't just seem to have "one" rider set to win - which may play against them.

I am strongly drawn to Gilbert for the win, mostly due to the change in the parcours, but also 'cos I like FdeJ.

Noodley

Keith Oates said:
This early in the season it's hard to pick a potential winner but I think Fabian Cancellara could in the hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye, but...:blush:

Depends if he can hold in on the final climb before the end, but you could be right. It may be a little early for the little whining aussie bastrard Robbie but then again...he's a "local"

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't think it's McEwens type of race Noodley, but he has been around the course this week so he must have some idea of what it's like and feel he can make a good showing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
walker said:
I'm betting Roger Hammond will come in the top 3 this year.

To be honest I'm talking crap, I've not even seen the line up yet.

I don't think there wil be that many more years when he features, so he's certainly going to be motivated for the spring classics and semi-classics this year. He's certainly got the strength and the attitude, but I just don't know if he has the pure speed that this one may well come down to by the end.

walker

he's more of a support rider these day's. Any win's he has this year will be purely accidental

Keith Oates

Janner
A solo breakaway with 20 Km to go and with the wind as well as the cobbles is one heck of an achievment. It seems that some of the other favorites were near the front as well so Sundays race will also be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom