Hewitt Cheviot SE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've been umming and arring about a touring bike so popped up to Leyland for a fit, and placed an order. M6 apart, it was a very pleasant experience - roll on mid Jan to taste the pudding!
What colour did you go for? I did the same trip north and went for ''flam green.''

e-rider

crappy member
I ordered a frame through Hewitts - they answered all my emails promptly until the frame arrived and I had a problem with it - they never replied to another email after that! Wouldn't shop there again.

OP
OP
graham bowers
I ordered a frame through Hewitts - they answered all my emails promptly until the frame arrived and I had a problem with it - they never replied to another email after that! Wouldn't shop there again.
I'm sorry to hear that. I will be collecting in person.

OP
OP
graham bowers
Just thought, what was the eventual outcome please?

e-rider

crappy member
Just thought, what was the eventual outcome please?
well, they refused to offer any help at all or even respond at all, so I approached the frame manufacturer directly (it wasn't a Hewitt branded frame) and resolved the problem with them

I have a Hewitt SE.

Nice bike.

and Paul Hewitt is very nice to deal with.

I went back a year after buying it (though in truth it had been hardly ridden) as his maybe possibly individual ideas about bike fitting didn't prove to fit me and all was resolved for no extra charge.

Though have to say that I think he maybe has certain fixed ideas about equipment fitting and that, if you know what you want/know about bike fitting, the bikes are maybe a bit overpriced. For, despite the impression given in some of his online publicity, he doesn't actually make the frames.

stumpy66

Veteran
IMG_0561.JPG
I have one too, been a great bike and the wheels he built haven't needed anything done to them in the four years I've had the bike.

You've made a good choice, enjoy

Top Bottom