Hey All..New here - tyre question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I believe Trek aired it up to 70[psi]. I'm averaging about 10 mph right now.. And i estimate when i hit rail trail i should be able to do 14-15 mph average.
https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/hybrid-bikes/fitness-bikes/fx/fx-3-disc/p/28474/
Who is "Trek"? When you last pumped them up, what pressures did you put in front/rear?
Answer the main question, please. [Wheels have 32 spokes]
Trek is the company that made the bike. They have local Trek stores.. . . . But when i do my cross state ride i will use one. . . . Im a little concerned when all the youtube video i see it looks like people are moving at like 25 mph.. I can do an average of 10. 15 if no lights or crosswalks. For me to get my bike to 20, builds to much lactic acid in my legs. The touring im gonna be doing isnt scripted with hotels and time schedules.... Doing hobo touring..
Share the youtube link. Who are these people moving at "like 25mph" and on what bikes (assume pedal-powered)? My daughter can manage 25mph for a few hours but she's on a TT bike and has been 'practising' (race on Saturday in Texas btw). Noone on the type of riding to which you aspire will be going at 25mph (NB carrying 110 lbs of luggage). Why on earth are you concerned about average speeds: on "hobo touring"?
I would also make a note to your future self to increase the diameter of your rotors (currently 160mm) to increase the braking power with the loads you've described (not needed till then).

Last edited:
Top Bottom