Hey from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: from Rutherglen Harry_Palmer79: I commute from the bottom of Fernhill to SECC.
Don't use my gears often, but I do need to use them sometimes, mostly when I go exploring.
Get a fixed for the commute, and geared bike for when you want to go further afield :thumbsup:

True, although Charing Cross? There are some mahoosive hills (by Glasgow City Centre standards) round there going up to Blythswood Square from Anderston, etc etc

True, but I wouldn't have to go up them on my commute... unless I was in a particularly masochistic mood!

Originally High Mains Avenue but now B*nhill Road going up to a certain other estate in Dumbarton beginning with 'B'....... on the other side of the A82 of course!

Cool, used to stay just off the treble R myself... small world indeed! :hello:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I don't know what age you are but do you know George Elliot ???

I'm bad with names, but other than the writer, it isn't a name which rings any bells unless you mean George's shop (Fine Purveyor Of Bacon And Flat Sausage Rolls.... and all other things greasy) down near the Meadow Centre (the Leisure Centre - oh the irony!).

True, but I wouldn't have to go up them on my commute... unless I was in a particularly masochistic mood!

Yeah I think I've cycled down those hills considerably more than I have ever cycled up them! Another good hill is Montrose Street just off George's Square, near to where Rotten Row Hospital was.

I've tried to cycle up there before with varying degrees of success! :blush:

cool, used to stay just off the treble R myself... small world indeed! :hello:

Ah yes, Red Riding (Hood) Road, never quite the same since Boghead closed :laugh:

Small world indeed! It seems there are several of us who live in or have escaped from Dumbarton, there is another guy on here who lives near to High Mains Avenue, Tomba.

Yeah I think I've cycled down those hills considerably more than I have ever cycled up them! Another good hill is Montrose Street just off George's Square, near to where Rotten Row Hospital was.

I used to walk up that hill all the time when I was at Uni, never tried it on a bike though!

Ah yes, Red Riding (Hood) Road, never quite the same since Boghead closed :laugh:

Small world indeed! It seems there are several of us who live in or have escaped from Dumbarton, there is another guy on here who lives near to High Mains Avenue, Tomba.

Went to Boghead all the time, not so much the new ground - Strathclyde Homes I think it's called, nice and new I guess but no atmosphere

:welcome: from Rutherglen Harry_Palmer79: I commute from the bottom of Fernhill to SECC.
Don't use my gears often, but I do need to use them sometimes, mostly when I go exploring.
Get a fixed for the commute, and geared bike for when you want to go further afield :thumbsup:

I may do that Pam, I have an old geared bike back at my parents house which I could use for going further afield but it's more a BSO (picking up the lingo already!) so as I'm starting afresh I'd like to have something a bit more tailored for the regular commute... ^_^

Thanks for the heads up about the CC Ecosse guys, I'll check that out once I'm up and running (so to speak)! :bicycle:

squiggle

Thought I would just say Hello here rather than starting new thread for Glasgow.

I'm a student living in the west-end, greetings to you all. :hello:

squiggle

Thanks Pat.^_^
Wish my new tyres would arrive so I can get out on the road again.. :bicycle:

I finally rescued my old bike from the depths of my parent's shed.... just need to clean off the spider's webs and pump up the tyres and I can get back on the road! ^_^

I'm still looking around for a road bike for the regular commute, probably fixed gear as it's a pretty flat route, but getting slightly overwhelmed by all the choice out there - still, it's all part of the fun! :smile:

I've looked at new bikes mostly but came across this on gumtree last night http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/g...-mint-condition/109464897#gallery-item-full-2 which seems a pretty good deal... I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!

Oh and:welcome: squiggle (I know I just signed up here myself, but it would be rude of me not to say hello!)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Thought I would just say Hello here rather than starting new thread for Glasgow.

I'm a student living in the west-end, greetings to you all. :hello:

:hello: squiggle and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

Sadly, you've probably just missed out on the CC kit order but there may be some swaps/extras coming - it would help all youse recognise each others as you whizz :bicycle: around the roads of Glasweegieland ! :bravo:

Hope to see/meet you on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride soon too !

It/they should be posted on this section. :unsure:

squiggle

Thanks guys, nice to meet you all.

My new tyres will arrive tomorrow, finally! Haven't been out on the road since last Thursday and itching to get going again especially watching the Vuelta. Thanks Scoosh, I will keep a close eye on that part of the forum ^_^:bicycle:

Top Bottom