1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Noodley - part 2

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dayvo, 4 May 2008.

1. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Have you put an extra nought in there? Scotland's not that big, is it? :wacko:

What kind of time would you expect to complete a 'ride' of that length in? And what time do you kick off in the morning/middle of the night?

I'm going to Finland in June to do a night ride, but that's only 134 km, about six hours.

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Stupid metric... How many pints in 134km? :wacko:

3. OP
    OP
    Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I assume you mean 'TEA'! ;)

Nah, my mate I'm doing it with is a recovering alcoholic, so I'll play fair and not tempt him. I'll have a bloody big cognac later on though (then, not now)! :thumbsup:

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So long as you don't share water bottles you can put some beer in yours and he would never know.............................unless you fall off cos you're drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Last time I rode the route it took 22 hours. We set off at 6am and returned at 4am, it was miserable weather. I am not fast, and the others were held back a bit by me I think. :smile:

My "lurgy" now appears to have disappeared as I managed 110km today without any problems, and I hope to do the 400km route within the not too distant future although the next few weeks appear to be fully booked.

Here's a link to the route, click on "To Kingdom Come".

http://www.total-cycling.co.uk/

6. Renard

Renard Guest

That is one hell of a challenge. Chapeau!

7. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I only ride to justify eating as much as I do :angry: