HGV Fatality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh my God. Another cyclist.

I don't know what to say. I was there yesterday and for the old work would commute that route. There are always lorries etc down that part of Tower Bridge.

RIP

I haven't forgotten the HGV report back from LCC meeting with Charlie Lloyd- just trying to get a few things done first.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Not good, I see they still persist in describing these things as collisions between cyclist and xxxxxx. I note that it's a skip lorry, I doubt that a whole peleton of cyclists could make a dent in that.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
MacB said:
Not good, I see they still persist in describing these things as collisions between cyclist and xxxxxx. I note that it's a skip lorry, I doubt that a whole peleton of cyclists could make a dent in that.

IIRC haven't the most fatalities in similar circumstances involved skip lorries or tipper trucks?
Looks like a left turn is implicated as well.

Very Sad, RIP.

davidg

User3143 said:
Another left turning lorry

why people undertake things that are moving is beyond me....

esp lorries when you look at the stats

are these two the same incident though?

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
davidg said:

We do not know what happended here, let's not speculate.

Yes, they refer to the same fatality.

davidg

fair point, but we do know that there are a fair amount of these...

I cringe every time I see someone go up the left hand side of one on my way in

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
davidg said:

I was just about to criticse some of the comments on the article and now we get this. Do you happen to know the cyclist undertook? Could it not be possible that the cyclist was already waiting to turn left and the lorry came up the outside of him and swung across, never seeing him?

I've had a lorry decide to overtake me, realise there wasn't enough room, and swing back into me. That was on a clear, straight, road, in light overcast morning conditions. I was lucky but the driver didn't stop or make any acknowledgment.

davidg

MacB said:
I was just about to criticse some of the comments on the article and now we get this. Do you happen to know the cyclist undertook? Could it not be possible that the cyclist was already waiting to turn left and the lorry came up the outside of him and swung across, never seeing him?

I've had a lorry decide to overtake me, realise there wasn't enough room, and swing back into me. That was on a clear, straight, road, in light overcast morning conditions. I was lucky but the driver didn't stop or make any acknowledgment.

hopefully you have seen my post above just before you posted yours...

I wasnt looking to judge this accident, just making more of a general observation

quite clearly anything can happen out there, and dont want to jinx myself either!!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
skip lorry. Again.

Ron Smith Recycling of Feltham. The very company that I called after the Babe was trailed up the hill at Smithfield. The very one.

davidg said:
hopefully you have seen my post above just before you posted yours...

I wasnt looking to judge this accident, just making more of a general observation

quite clearly anything can happen out there, and dont want to jinx myself either!!

I kinda agree. Most of the fatalities we've heard about have involved a left hand turn. It's no co-incidence, not that you're implying it is Mac.

Top Bottom