HGV Medical Form D4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Rang the DVLA this morning and they've confirmed it's next July.

Panic over :okay:
Happy days.. :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

I thought it was 50 when you had to have your first test, has it changed, I let mine lapse as I wasn't prepared to pay the £110 the doctor wanted, may have been an error as some days I feel like walking out of here, a driving job would tie me over.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just checked my old license & my CE & D ended in 2010 on my 50th, but probably need to take the CPC if I wanted to come back.

D

Deleted member 26715

I get the impression it's just another jobs for the boys type of thing, bit like the Part P for electrics, nothing to do with safety all about selling insurance

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yep, good call @Tanis8472 make sure that your place of choice includes the eye test! Mine did. I said up there ^ ^ that I paid £45. It was actually £35, now I've thought about it.
Avoid GP's unless your company pays for it, or you have money to burn..

(Happily, my company pays for my CPC training. I have endured 10 sessions so far!)

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Just checked my old license & my CE & D ended in 2010 on my 50th, but probably need to take the CPC if I wanted to come back.

CPC!! :crazy:

35 hours of your life you can never get back :banghead:

Not to mention a few hundred quid :cry:

I've never started the CPC cycle, but I know if I ever got totally cheesed off where I am, I would just spend the week at one of the training centres to do my 35hrs. I suppose I could see if I could join some of the CPC courses that work runs, but I don't really need my C+E, and if I was to drive LGV at work, I'd claim to be outside CPC requirements as I'd be testing or assessing the vehicles.
The irony is, I used to work in haulage as LGV Instructor and ADR Instructor.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I've never started the CPC cycle, but I know if I ever got totally cheesed off where I am, I would just spend the week at one of the training centres to do my 35hrs. I suppose I could see if I could join some of the CPC courses that work runs, but I don't really need my C+E, and if I was to drive LGV at work, I'd claim to be outside CPC requirements as I'd be testing or assessing the vehicles.
The irony is, I used to work in haulage as LGV Instructor and ADR Instructor.
We're slightly in the grey area with this due to distance from base, (same reason skip companies can generally dodge cpc), but although we don't cover any great distances as a rule the fact is that we could, so we have to tick the cpc box to cover our backs.

simongt

Guru
DVLA - ? Huh - ! :angry: When I passed my Class 2 HGV, I was advised by the examiner not to submit my original pass cert as I would never see it again. So I duly went to my local DVLA office where the nice man said because he'd seen the original, a photocopy would be fine. But not for the jobsworth @ Swansea. Had to sent the original off; last I ever saw of it. Then when the renewal came up, the form stated that as long as I submitted the dox before a certain date, |I could forgo the full medical. Wee problem was that I received said dox two weeks after that date - ! Huh - ! :cursing: But as my job had changed and I was fed up with HGVing after 16 years I decided s*d it and didn't renew. But that's beside the point - !

Top Bottom