HGV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I quite like the film Convoy and eat a lot of Yorkies.

I think fairground wagons are an exception and the rules are based on steam haulage allowing a double tow (traditionally the engine, the ride then the living van) on the argument that there would be twice as many lorries for the fair.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I hired a 7.5t lorry when we moved house from Arran and was a bit surprised when they just gave me the keys and pointed to the yard. Worse, trying to figure out where everything was in the cab whilst another guy behind me was sounding his horn to get me to move. Took me a while to get used to it and when I arrived at the ferry the loadmaster came up and asked

"What weight?"

"Eh?"

"What weight are you?"

"Ummm, about 14st, why?"

Cue much muttering and shaking of head as he stomped away.

Randombiker9

But the one good thing HGV’s do are warning ⚠️ cyclists about blindspots all the ones I’ve seen have a sticker says blind spots or do not go on the inside etc... I would never go on the inside of any veichles but some cyclists don’t get this.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
But the one good thing HGV’s do are warning ⚠️ cyclists about blindspots all the ones I’ve seen have a sticker says blind spots or do not go on the inside etc... I would never go on the inside of any veichles but some cyclists don’t get this.
I wouldn't go on the nearside of one either.

Top Bottom