hi, does anyone know codes for paint on replica Raleigh Banana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Anything like this? If so its likely to be a 531c frame.
View attachment 34837
That frame has an 18-23 label on it.;)

OP
OP
thefensman

thefensman

Anything like this? If so its likely to be a 531c frame.
View attachment 34837
Thanks for your input,but that is defo an 18-23 not 531.It,s the frame i have.To all you other folks who are posting replies thanks for taking the time and for all your efforts but as a few of you have said ,going for something pretty close to original is probably the road i,m going down.Got my first quote today £120 including lacquer over decals, good or bad price, all comments appreciated. Cheers

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's quite a good price and about what I would have expected. If you really wanted a top quality bike I guess you could always get a 531 frame and paint it in your scheme and put better components on it? Just a thought.

OP
OP
thefensman

thefensman

That's quite a good price and about what I would have expected. If you really wanted a top quality bike I guess you could always get a 531 frame and paint it in your scheme and put better components on it? Just a thought.
Hi Cycleops, nice idea but think i,ll stick with what i have. Got it for a bargain price of £35 so cant grumble and as i have a back problem that makes it quite awkward to use down tube shifters i am upgrading to sti with groupset i purchased from ebay and some new alloy wheels which should shed a few pounds overall. I am however having trouble with the chainset, its octalink which is new to me but its a V2 set that has been fitted to a V1 BB so will probably need to be replaced,i,ve raised this issue elsewere on here and got some good advice. If i can locate a pair of replacement cranks maybe on here then i will change them over , buy a V2 bb and all should be good.You appear to have some previous knowledge of "bananas"!!!!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No real knowledge of Bananas particularly just a collection of old racers from the seventies/eighties all bought down here for not much money. Unfortunately they are a bit of a rarity as MTB's tend to predominate. One of my favs at present is this Schwinn from the US.

P1030358Schwinnpic.JPG

I also have a well used Dawes eroneously labelled as a Rory O'Brien which I have updated.

20120909_134339OBrien.jpg

OP
OP
thefensman

thefensman

]last time i had 2 frames bead blasted and powder coated it cost me £75 for the pr if i remember rightly[/quote]
Was considering powder coat originally, but i require 2 colours which will apparently bump up the cost and I have read that it is difficult if not impossible to get decals to adhere to powder coat and as I intend to fit these I am now a little warry, hence the respray option although I beleive powder coat would be harder wearing. If anyone can recommened someone in my area ( Hartlepool/ Teesside etc) I would rather powder coat.

Powder coating (and some paint) tends to be limited to a number of colours due to cost, sustainability for future manufacture and ease. The RAL system has been imn place since 1927, and there are IIRC about 400 colours.

You can obtain an RAL colour scheme and then chose the closest match.

The range is here

Top Bottom