Hi from a newbie :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amaquima

Regular
Hi,

My name is Ale and I'm in the quest to buy my very first bike. I never learned to ride a bike, but now that I'm living in a tiny town in the middle of the New Forest in England I feel like I'm missing out so I've decided to buy myself a bike and learn.
I've looked at a few used bikes, but I've been quite disappointed in the condition they've been. So I've decided to buy myself a brand new bike!
biggrin.gif
However, I am overwhelmed! There's so much to take into account! And I have to fit all this into my small budget and the style I want! So I figured I should look for help in a place where people actually knew what they are talking about.
biggrin.gif

I will try to be good and do searches before asking dumb questions, but I can't promise anything!

Ale

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 33
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 33
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 35

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: Good luck with the bike hunting!

Hyslop

Veteran
Hello there:smile:.:welcome:Hope you enjoy the new experience,youll be fine.And,if you really enjoy it,there is a make of cycle clothing just for you-Google Ale Cyclewear-you could be a team all to yourself!-very exclusive!!

MikeW-71

Veteran
:welcome:

I'd suggest looking at hybrids for a first bike since you're starting from scratch. If you will just be riding on roads or hard paths, don't get one with any suspension.

OP
OP
amaquima

amaquima

Regular
Thank you all! :biggrin:
Hello there:smile:.:welcome:Hope you enjoy the new experience,youll be fine.And,if you really enjoy it,there is a make of cycle clothing just for you-Google Ale Cyclewear-you could be a team all to yourself!-very exclusive!!

Hyslop, I googled it! That's awesome! :biggrin: Not sure I'm planning to get that far, but you never know!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Are there any cycling training schemes run by your local council? Might be worth a search before you spend any money.:okay:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello!!

Firstly, what style are you looking at??

I..... Err..... Also believe there is a kind of drink...... Or so I've heard :whistle::laugh:

Last edited:
Hi,

My name is Ale and I'm in the quest to buy my very first bike. I never learned to ride a bike, but now that I'm living in a tiny town in the middle of the New Forest in England I feel like I'm missing out so I've decided to buy myself a bike and learn.
I've looked at a few used bikes, but I've been quite disappointed in the condition they've been. So I've decided to buy myself a brand new bike!
biggrin.gif
However, I am overwhelmed! There's so much to take into account! And I have to fit all this into my small budget and the style I want! So I figured I should look for help in a place where people actually knew what they are talking about.
biggrin.gif

I will try to be good and do searches before asking dumb questions, but I can't promise anything!

Ale

Visit any bike store that has reasonably range of bikes to get a sense and a feel. Might be worth making a trip to the nearest Decathlon as they have widest range and try riding within the store. Most people that after bikes in the store, will work their way thru the bikes to get a feel. The staff won't bother you unless you ask of help.

Newbies tend to upgrade once they are comfortable with riding so get something as a starter first. You can always come back here with a shortlist for recommendations.

Good luck.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 32
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 37
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom